Wednesday, May 20, 2015
What better way to make a bold statement than in a pair of wooden platform sandals. With summer arriving these shoes make a bold statement on your feet. We have a simple way for you to incorporate these sandals in your weekly outfit.
If you like denim you can try an all over denim look with shorts and a over sized denim shirt. (Don't forget to roll up the sleeves for warm weather). You can also pair the jeans with a dashiki or a kimono for some flair when you step out on the weekend. In the below outfit we paired the denim look with a floral clutch and sterling silver bracelet to stand out.
Wednesday, April 29, 2015
When going natural figuring out what's the best moisturizer for your curl pattern is exhausting. Have no fear we have a list of three moisturizers that can help you maintain your hair's curl pattern all day while allowing for some room in your wallet.
These moisturizers are used in conjunction with each other in a three step process that creates a shiner look for your hair. Quench your curls below.
2. Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie - Used daily on hair to put enfacese on your hair's natural curl pattern and is priced at around $12.
3. Curls Lavish Curls Moisturizer - Used daily before the Shea Moisture is applied. Curl's Lavish Curls re freshens your curls and gives Shea Moisture a stronger curl pattern to lock on to. This 8 oz. bottles cost around $10.
Tuesday, April 21, 2015
April 20th has passed, but Earth Day is still on its way (April 22nd) which means there is more celebrating to be done. We have five of our favorite strains that should help you thank the lord for the earth and the greatness it makes.
2. Veganic Strawberry Cough -Don't let the vegan fool you in this strain, the flavor in this bud is loud enough to perk up your day.
3. Royal Dwarf - If you are looking for an energetic and tranquil high then this bud is for you. This strain will have you finish cleaning your house with enough time to rush out and pick out an outfit for the club.
4. Mango Tango - A sativa hybrid and cross between True OG, Tangie and Peaches, this strain takes you to heaven with mango aromas.
5. Pineapple Express - Keeping the tropical fruit flavors going, Pineapple Express, is a sativa hybrid that's a cross between Trainwreck and Hawaii. Expect the flavor of pineapple, pine and cedar with this strain.
Photos retrieved from Theweedblog.com, Purestavia.com, Royalqueenseeds.com, Herbformer.com, and Sfgate.com
Saturday, April 11, 2015
Tax season is coming to an end on April 15th and that means most of us have already spent our refund checks or about to. The average tax paying American had 2,988 reasons to purchase big items this year, but the recession has most of us wary and quite frankly investing it or using it for necessities like bills or food seems to be the best choice as 26% of Americans plan to do that.
Even though the recession has us holding on to cash in a survey conducted by Bankrate.com, 7% of us still plan to splurge. Wondering how they spent it, check out our basic refund check list below.
1. Down payment on a car - For car dealers tax season is called 'tax buying season.' MarketWatch reported that car salesmen make up 45% of their sales during tax season on cars like the Toyota Yaris, Chevrolet Aveo and Kia Rios as well as the Ford Fusion, Volkswagen Jetta and Chevrolet Malibu.
2. Vacation - In a survey by the National Retail Federation in 2014 10% of Americans were planning to spend their refund to become jet-setters or road trippers and even though this year that number has reduced to 7%, this a relaxing way to spend a lump sum of cash like your refund.
3. Electronics - Another splurge purchase are electronics. Just last year 14% of tax payers had plans to grab the latest electronic and this year 7% of us are getting that new tablet, phone or laptop.
4. Investment - According to Bankrate.com 28% of people say they are looking to invest their refund. Most consumers see their refund as an opportunity to gather emergency cash, which is a smart idea because who knows when rainy days are going to come.
5. Wardrobe upgrade - Although only 7% of use admitted to splurging with their refund check, lets be real, tax season is the best time to add a few pieces to your wardrobe that would make it stand out like that bag or maybe even that pair of heels or LBD your wardrobe was desperately missing.
Wednesday, April 8, 2015
April brings spring showers that can be a pleasant welcome if dressed properly. Peep the ideas we have for April showers that include a printed pair of rain boots, a classic yellow rain coat or a classic trench depending on your destination and an umbrella just in case the sky falls unexpectedly during your day.
Don't be soggy get inspired with our use of one pair of rain boots for work and a causal outing.